Primary Extension and Challenge - Gilmore College
Gilmore College delivers Primary Extension and Challenge (PEAC) programs in Science, and Technology and Enterprise to students in Years 5, 6, and 7 within the Peel-Cockburn region.
Students from local primary schools are tested in Year 4 and are selected to participate in these innovative and challenging programs. Selected students are withdrawn from regular classes to attend these programs.
The PEAC program offers students:
- the opportunity to socially interact with other gifted and talented children.
- an intellectually rigorous and challenging program.
- opportunities to interact with practising experts.
- the opportunity to develop higher order process skills and in-depth investigation skills.
- the opportunity to work on open-ended activities which encourage choice and negotiation.
- self/peer evaluation and reflection of performance.