Staff Association - Gilmore College
Under the School Education Act 1999 and the Regulatory Framework, the Principal of the school holds ultimate responsibility and decision-making authority within the school. School staff are accountable to the Principal.
To provide staff members with the opportunity for:
- Discussion of issues
- Participation in decision making
- Exchange of information
- Staff development
- Promotion of social interaction
- Representation of staff on the College Council
- The organisation and control of the election of Staff Association members to the committees outlined in the committees section of the constitution.
- All persons employed at the College by the Department of Education in the role of educators are automatically members of the Association.
- Free invitation shall be extended to all other staff to be members of the Association simply by registering their membership with the Chair.
Two meetings per term as whole College, scheduled other meetings if required.